Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Streets of Rage (Genesis)

Difficulty: ***1/2
Controls: ***
Sound: ****
Graphics: ***1/2
Rating: 14 stars out of 20

On Wii Virtual Console: YES

Decided to pop in my Sega classics collection today, enjoyed a great game of Streets of Rage. I forgot how great the sound and the graphics were. They still look solid today. Selected Adam and I was off to the races! Made it to stage 3 before I lost my first life and by stage 4 I'd lost my first continue. Not bad for HARD mode!

I bit the dust in stage 6 at the dual boss. For those Streets of Rage veterans, the pair of bosses with the red shirt, spiky blonde hair and razor claws (the name eludes me at the moment). I think I would have done better if I had someone else gaming with me. Anybody else think it was weird using your special attack (the cop car that comes screeching in) and seeing it in the factory and the ferry? Ha, ha, ha...what the hell?!


The Streets of Rage cover we all know and love in North America. Not too shabby looking if I say so myself. But Blaze is wearing white? And that punk is carrying a gun? Those aren't in the game...

A variant cover. Even better than the one we got. Adam kinda' looks twisted though!

This is the Japanese cover of Streets of Rage (called Bare Knuckle) for the Sega Mega-Drive. Notice the grid-less background? So Retro Nation any of you guys have any fond memories of this game? Send me some comments or feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment